Thunder: Lu Dort, Theo Maledon selected as NBA Rising Stars
Thunder guards Luguentz Dort and Theo Maledon were among the 20 players named to the NBA Rising Stars rosters on Wednesday.
The annual Rising Stars game will not be played this year due to a condensed All-Star schedule, but the league's assistant coaches still voted on the top first- and second-year players.
Ten international players and ten players from the U.S. were selected to form two teams.
Dort, from Montreal, and Maledon, from Rouen, France, were named to the World Team.
- Related to this story
- Article: Thunder at Mavericks three things to know: How to watch, live stream, time, lineups
- Article: Thunder at Spurs: How to watch, live stream, time, lineups, three things to know
- Article: 'Just one of those nights:' Thunder held to 78 points in loss at Mavericks
- Article: Tramel: The stats don't lie. Thunder now has NBA's least-efficient offense. Can OKC fix it?
- Video: Thunder Update: OKC's blowout loss to Denver
Dort, in contention for an All-Defensive selection, is averaging 12.5 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game in his second season.
Maledon, who's started 14 games, is averaging 7.7 points, 3.3 assists and 2.8 rebounds in his rookie season. The Thunder selected Maledon 34th overall in the 2020 NBA Draft.
LaMelo Ball (Hornets), Anthony Edwards (Timberwolves), Tyrese Haliburton (Kings), Tyler Herro (Heat), De'Andre Hunter (Hawks), Keldon Johnson (Spurs), Ja Morant (Grizzlies), Michael Porter Jr. (Nuggets), Zion Williamson (Pelicans), James Wiseman (Warriors)
Precious Achiuwa (Heat), Nickeil Alexander-Walker (Pelicans), Deni Avdija (Wizards), RJ Barrett (Knicks), Facundo Campazzo (Nuggets), Brandon Clarke (Grizzlies), Luguentz Dort (Thunder), Rui Hachimura (Wizards), Theo Maledon (Thunder), Mychal Mulder (Warriors)