Oklahoma State basketball: Cade Cunningham, Rondel Walker to miss game against Baylor
STILLWATER — Oklahoma State superstar Cade Cunningham will not play against No. 2-ranked Baylor on Saturday, a source close to Cunningham told The Oklahoman.
Cunningham, the Cowboys’ star freshman, warmed up early Saturday, but left the court during warmups alongside freshman Rondel Walker.
Neither returned for warmups.
Eleven minutes before tipoff, OSU announced both would miss the game.
- Related to this story
- Article: Oklahoma State basketball: Cowboys cleared to resume all activities, including Saturday's game against Baylor
- Article: Big 12 sets up back-to-back Bedlam basketball matchups between OU, Oklahoma State
- Article: How to watch Oklahoma State vs. Baylor men's basketball: Live stream, TV channel, game time, lineups
- Article: How Oklahoma State's Bryce Williams lost his joy, but rediscovered it with Cowboys: 'He feels like he’s at a place that he belongs'
- Article: OU men's basketball: After return from COVID-19, Brady Manek's role figures to expand vs. Kansas
- Article: Oklahoma State basketball: 3 takeaways from Cowboys' loss to Baylor
- Article: Cade Cunningham watches from sideline as Oklahoma State's upset bid of Baylor falls short: 'He's not in any position to play a game right now'
- Article: Tramel: Big 12 could be underdogs in majority of SEC Challenge games
- Article: Oklahoma State basketball: Why Cade Cunningham missed his second straight game
- Article: Oklahoma State basketball: 3 takeaways from Cowboys' win at Iowa State
- Article: Tramel: Oklahoma State basketball won't apologize for sloppy win at Iowa State
- Video: OSU Basketball: Cowboys address Baylor loss and Cunningham absence
- Video: OSU Basketball: Walk-on Dee Mitchell awarded scholarship
Sophomore Kalib Boone was set to start in Cunningham’s place.
OSU has not played since upsetting Kansas on Jan. 12 due to a positive COVID-19 test and contact tracing. The Cowboys resumed practice Wednesday and got the all-clear after testing Friday.
Only eight players suited up for the Cowboys, who were already without Chris Harris Jr. (knee), Donovan Williams (knee) and Ferron Flavors Jr. (finger).