OU football: Sooners set Cotton Bowl records & other key numbers to 55-20 win vs. Florida
OU got out to a big lead early, and even though Florida made a little run, the Sooners were too much for the Gators. OU won in dominating fashion, 55-20. The numbers inside the Cotton Bowl were every bit as big as OU's win.
1: Game this season in which Florida didn’t score more than 30 points. The Gators managed only 20 against OU.
3: Consecutive games for the OU defense with multiple interceptions, something the Sooners hadn’t done since 2015. They had three against the Gators.
6: Consecutive games for the OU defense with at least one interception. The Sooners had 13 during that six-game stretch and finished the season with 16. In 2018 and 2019, the OU defense had 14 interceptions combined.
11: Plays of 20 yards or more for the Sooners.
20: Percent of Kyle Trask’s career interceptions were thrown Wednesday against OU. The Florida quarterback and Heisman Trophy finalist, who only had 12 career interceptions entering the game, had three picks in the first quarter.
55: Points by OU was the most scored in a bowl in program history.
63: Consecutive games that OU has scored at least 27 points. The next longest streak nationally since 1980 is 31 games by Central Florida from 2017-19, and the next longest current streak is 23 games by Alabama.
- Related to this story
- Article: OU Sooners: Spencer Rattler's growth and the 21 things to look forward to in 2021
- Article: OU football: Austin Stogner returns for Cotton Bowl after surgery for infected quad injury
- Article: OU football: Five takeaways from the Sooners' 55-20 Cotton Bowl win over Florida
- Article: OU football: Watch Sooners celebrate Cotton Bowl rout with Malcolm Kelly's famous freestyle rap
- Article: Tramel: OU football report card in Cotton Bowl has high marks for Sooners' power football & clutch defense
- Article: Tramel: Physical Sooners are just on another level in Cotton Bowl win over Florida Gators
- Article: Cotton Bowl notebook: OU football team fires back at Florida LB after Sooners' rout: 'They aren't Big 12'
- Article: OU football: Sooners center Creed Humphrey declares for 2021 NFL Draft
- Article: OU football: How interceptions set the tone of Cotton Bowl — and beyond — for Sooners
- Article: Carlson: Why Sooners QB Spencer Rattler looks like a future Heisman Trophy contender
- Article: OU football: Sooners backup QB Chandler Morris announces he will transfer
- Article: OU football: Kennedy Brooks and Jalen Redmond returning to Sooners, but Tre Norwood declares for NFL Draft
- Article: OU football: Former Sooners QB Chandler Morris is transferring to TCU
- Article: OU football: Sooners WR Charleston Rambo says he is entering the transfer portal
- Article: OU football: Sooners QB Spencer Rattler projected to win 2021 Heisman Trophy
- Article: OU football: Sooners QB Spencer Rattler among early 2021 Heisman Trophy favorites
- Article: OU football: Sooners RB Rhamondre Stevenson entering NFL Draft
- Article: OU football: Sooners DE Ronnie Perkins declares for NFL Draft
- Article: OU football: Sooners LB Nik Bonitto says he is returning for 2021 season
- Video: OU Football: Cotton Bowl Blowout
- Video: OU football: Spencer Rattler on Cotton Bowl
- Video: OU Football: Cotton Bowl has high marks for Sooners' power football & clutch defense
- Video: OU Football: Sooners set Cotton Bowl records in 55-20 win over Florida
435: Rushing yards for OU, a Cotton Bowl record.
684: Yards of total offense for the Sooners, a Cotton Bowl record.