OKC Thunder finalizes roster by waiving Frank Jackson
The Thunder finalized its 17-man roster Monday night by waiving 22-year-old guard Frank Jackson.
Jackson averaged 12.3 points and 2.0 rebounds in three preseason games. The former Pelicans guard signed a non-guaranteed contract with the Thunder earlier this month.
Waiving Jackson ensures more minutes for rookie point guard Theo Maledon, who will likely serve as Shai Gilgeous-Alexander's primary backup. Hamidou Diallo and Ty Jerome will also compete for backcourt minutes off the bench.
Monday was the last day for teams to set their rosters. The 2020-21 NBA season tips-off Tuesday, and the Thunder will open play at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Houston.
- Related to this story
- Article: Long for days of OKC Thunder past? Here's where some favorite alums are now
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder fans facing a new reality with unfamiliar faces, unfamiliar results
- Article: Carlson: OKC Thunder has only one Jackson now — and other things you need to know
- Article: Why OKC Thunder is unlikely to match speed of Seattle SuperSonics rebuild
- Article: OKC Thunder: Get to know Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Lu Dort, Darius Bazley and 2020-21 roster
- Article: How to watch OKC Thunder games in 2020-21 NBA season
- Article: Want to wow your friends, Thunder fans? Here's how you pronounce Aleksej Pokusevsk
- Article: Will the Thunder have the NBA's worst record? It's possible
- Article: OKC Thunder: Theo Maledon, Ty Jerome out for season opener at Rockets
- Article: OKC Thunder at Houston Rockets: Lineups, tip-off time, how to watch
- Article: Carlson: Night moves by the Thunder aren't always kind on deadline
- Article: OKC Thunder: Mark Daigneault expects Lu Dort to make offensive jump in Year 2
- Video: Thunder Update: Presti on roster changes and new season
Teams can have 15 players signed to standard contracts, and two players signed to two-way contracts.
Guards: Hamidou Diallo, Luguentz Dort, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, George Hill, Ty Jerome, Theo Maledon
Forwards: Trevor Ariza, Darius Bazley, Josh Hall (two-way), Justin Jackson, Darius Miller, Aleksej Pokusevski, Isaiah Roby, Kenrich Williams
Centers: Moses Brown (two-way), Al Horford, Mike Muscala