OU football: Marvin Mims sets Sooner record & more key numbers in Big 12 championship win vs. Iowa State
Here’s a look at some important numbers from the Big 12 title game:
2: OU quarterbacks with a rushing touchdown on Saturday. Backup Chandler Morris scored the first touchdown of the game on a 2-yard run. Starter Spencer Rattler scored ona 9-yard run in the second quarter.
6: Consecutive Big 12 championships for OU, including the last four since the conference title game was reinstated.
7.5: Yards per play on first-down snaps by OU. The Sooners rushed 18 times for 74 yards and completed 13 of 14 passes for 165 yards on first-down plays.
8: Touchdown receptions by Marvin Mims this season, an OU freshman record. He previously shared the record with CeeDee Lamb and Mark Andrews.
9.1: OU’s third-down conversion percentage. The Sooners were 1-of-11 overall and 0-of-9 on third downs after the first quarter. Iowa State was 4-of-13 on third downs overall.
10: Plays by OU of at least 15 yards, eight of which came in the passing game.
12: Total appearances in the Big 12 title game by OU, with an 11-1 record.
- Related to this story
- Article: OU football: Five takeaways from Sooners' 27-21 win vs. Iowa State for Big 12 title
- Article: Tramel: OU football has Killer B's — Nik Bonitto, Tre Brown, Gabe Brkic — in Big 12 championship report card
- Article: OU football: How Sooners held Iowa State's Breece Hall to season-low rushing total in Big 12 title game
- Article: Carlson: Go ahead and call Sooners cornerback Tre Brown 'Mr. Big 12 Championship Game'
- Article: Tramel: Winning Big 12 football title makes 2020 a year to remember for Lincoln Riley's Sooners
- Article: OU football: Sooners' defense turns snub into motivation in Big 12 Championship Game win
- Video: OU Football: Sooners win six consecutive conference title
- Video: OU Football: Sooners keep streak of conference championships alive
43.0: Average kickoff return yards by OU’s Tre Brown on two attempts.
54: Yardage of the field goal made by OU sophomore Gabe Brkic in the second quarter, a career long, and the longest kick made by an OU kicker since R.D. Lashar made a 54-yarder against Missouri in 1990. Brkic is 4-of-6 from 50 yards and beyond this season.
77: Wins by OU over Iowa State in 86 total meetings. The series dates back to 1928 but Saturday was the first meeting of the teams at a neutral site.
18,720: The announced attendance at Saturday’s game.
Scott Wright, Staff writer