OKC Thunder waives guard Josh Gray
The Thunder trimmed its roster Tuesday by waiving point guard Josh Gray.
General manager Sam Presti announced the move on the first day of training camp. Teams can have a maximum of 20 players at training camp, and the Thunder's roster is hovering right around that number.
Unlike some teams, the Thunder has not released a training camp roster as it waits for deals to be finalized.
For example, the reported trade sending Danny Green and Terrance Ferguson to Philadelphia in exchange for Al Horford and a pick that became Theo Maledon has not been processed. Horford and Maledon can't report to Thunder training camp until Dec. 8 at the earliest.
- Related to this story
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder had to make another move in this wild NBA week
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder declines team option for Deonte Burton
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder receives Al Horford, first-round pick in trade with Philadelphia 76ers
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five things to know about Aleksej Pokusevski, No. 17 pick in NBA Draft
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five things to know about Theo Maledon, No. 34 pick in NBA draft
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five things to know about Vit Krejci, No. 37 pick in NBA draft
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder gets Al Horford, four years too late
- Article: OKC Thunder reportedly signs two undrafted free agents
- Article: OKC Thunder acquires Admiral Schofield in trade with Washington Wizards
- Article: OKC Thunder: Options exercised for Hamidou Diallo, Mike Muscala
- Article: 2020 NBA draft grades: How did the OKC Thunder fare on its report card?
- Article: What Sam Presti's draft room was like as the OKC Thunder selected three international prospects
- Article: OKC Thunder receives Vincent Poirier in trade with Boston Celtics
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder trades Kelly Oubre to Golden State Warriors
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder might not be finished collecting draft picks
- Article: Report: Thunder on verge of trading Steven Adams to Pelicans for draft picks
- Article: Tramel: Losing OKC Thunder fan favorite Steven Adams in trade to Pelicans is a cruel part of rebuild
- Article: Tramel: Steven Adams trade leads to even more roster turnover for OKC Thunder
- Article: OKC Thunder trades Steven Adams, losing last connection to past era: 'This is definitely a dark day for Thunder fans'
- Article: Report: Former Thunder center Nerlens Noel signs with New York Knicks
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder receives Kenrich Williams, Zylan Cheatham, Josh Gray in Steven Adams trade with Pelicans
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder trades Jalen Lecque to Indiana Pacers for T.J. Leaf
- Article: OKC Thunder: Timeline of 10 trades Sam Presti made to stockpile more draft picks
- Article: How Steven Adams created countless memories with OKC Thunder? Stache Bros, flip flops and a 3-point shimmy
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder signs guard Frank Jackson
- Article: Report: Former Knicks coach Mike Miller to join OKC Thunder staff
- Article: NBA free agency winners and losers include the Lakers, Suns and even the OKC Thunder
- Article: OKC Thunder preseason schedule released for 2020-21 NBA season
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder trading Steven Adams means a time to mourn & a time to dance
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five big questions heading into NBA training camp
- Article: NBA outlines extensive coronavirus health and safety protocols for 2020-21 season
- Article: OKC Thunder to begin season without fans at home games
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five takeaways from Sam Presti's press conference on Steven Adams, Aleksej Pokusevski and rebuild
- Article: OKC Thunder Q&A: Sam Presti on why the time was right to rebuild
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder's best option is tanking, even if it stinks
- Video: Thunder: One on one with Steven Adams
- Video: Thunder Media Day 2019: Nerlens Noel
- Video: Thunder Update: Presti address Donovan's departure
- Video: Thunder Stache Bros
The Thunder acquired Gray in the trade that sent Steven Adams to the Pelicans.
The 27-year-old guard appeared in two games for the Pelicans last season. He had a brief, five-game stint with the Suns in 2017-18.
Gray signed a multi-year contract with New Orleans prior to the trade for the money in the deal to work. He was under contract for $1.6 million this season with non-guaranteed salaries the next two seasons.