OKC Thunder preseason schedule released for 2020-21 NBA season
The Thunder will welcome a familiar face to Oklahoma City for a pair of preseason games.
Billy Donovan and the Chicago Bulls will visit Chesapeake Energy Arena on Dec. 16 and Dec. 18 to face the Thunder. The Thunder will open its three-game preseason slate Dec. 12 at the Spurs.
NBA teams will play a minimum of two and a maximum of four preseason games from Dec. 11 to Dec. 19, the league announced Friday. The regular season will begin Dec. 22.
Donovan and the Thunder agreed to part ways in September after Donovan's contract expired. Donovan led the Thunder to the playoffs in each of his five seasons.
- Related to this story
- Article: What Sam Presti's draft room was like as the OKC Thunder selected three international prospects
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder might not be finished collecting draft picks
- Article: Report: Thunder on verge of trading Steven Adams to Pelicans for draft picks
- Article: Tramel: Losing OKC Thunder fan favorite Steven Adams in trade to Pelicans is a cruel part of rebuild
- Article: Tramel: Steven Adams trade leads to even more roster turnover for OKC Thunder
- Article: OKC Thunder trades Steven Adams, losing last connection to past era: 'This is definitely a dark day for Thunder fans'
- Article: Report: Former Thunder center Nerlens Noel signs with New York Knicks
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder receives Kenrich Williams, Zylan Cheatham, Josh Gray in Steven Adams trade with Pelicans
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder trades Jalen Lecque to Indiana Pacers for T.J. Leaf
- Article: OKC Thunder: Timeline of 10 trades Sam Presti made to stockpile more draft picks
- Article: How Steven Adams created countless memories with OKC Thunder? Stache Bros, flip flops and a 3-point shimmy
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder signs guard Frank Jackson
- Article: Report: Former Knicks coach Mike Miller to join OKC Thunder staff
- Article: NBA free agency winners and losers include the Lakers, Suns and even the OKC Thunder
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder trading Steven Adams means a time to mourn & a time to dance
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five big questions heading into NBA training camp
- Article: OKC Thunder to begin season without fans at home games
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five takeaways from Sam Presti's press conference on Steven Adams, Aleksej Pokusevski and rebuild
- Article: OKC Thunder Q&A: Sam Presti on why the time was right to rebuild
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder's best option is tanking, even if it stinks
- Article: OKC Thunder waives guard Josh Gray
- Video: Thunder: One on one with Steven Adams
- Video: Thunder Update: Presti address Donovan's departure
- Video: Thunder Stache Bros
Donovan was quickly hired by the Bulls, and the Thunder promoted Mark Daigneault to head coach after a two-month search. Daigneault was an assistant coach under Donovan last season in Oklahoma City, and Daigneault spent four years on Donovan's staff at Florida.
The Thunder will open training camp Tuesday, and it will enter the preseason with a remade roster. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Darius Bazley, Luguentz Dort, Hamidou Diallo, Mike Muscala and Isaiah Roby are the only players back from last season's team.
OKC Thunder preseason schedule
Dec. 12: at Spurs, 6 p.m.
Dec. 16: vs. Bulls, 7 p.m.
Dec. 18: vs. Bulls, 7 p.m.