Report: OKC Thunder signs guard Frank Jackson
Former Pelicans point guard Frank Jackson has agreed to a deal with the Thunder, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Tuesday.
Jackson, the 31st pick in the 2017 draft, averaged 7.2 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.1 assists in his first two NBA seasons. He's a career 31.9% 3-point shooter.
After averaging 19.2 minutes per game as a rookie, Jackson's playing time dipped to 13.5 minutes per game last season. He scored a career-high 31 points in New Orleans' final game of the regular season.
Jackson was a McDonald's All-American at Lone Peak High School in Highland, Utah. He played one year at Duke before declaring for the NBA draft.
- Related to this story
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder had to make another move in this wild NBA week
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder declines team option for Deonte Burton
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder receives Al Horford, first-round pick in trade with Philadelphia 76ers
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five things to know about Aleksej Pokusevski, No. 17 pick in NBA Draft
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five things to know about Theo Maledon, No. 34 pick in NBA draft
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five things to know about Vit Krejci, No. 37 pick in NBA draft
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder gets Al Horford, four years too late
- Article: OKC Thunder reportedly signs two undrafted free agents
- Article: OKC Thunder acquires Admiral Schofield in trade with Washington Wizards
- Article: OKC Thunder: Options exercised for Hamidou Diallo, Mike Muscala
- Article: 2020 NBA draft grades: How did the OKC Thunder fare on its report card?
- Article: What Sam Presti's draft room was like as the OKC Thunder selected three international prospects
- Article: OKC Thunder receives Vincent Poirier in trade with Boston Celtics
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder trades Kelly Oubre to Golden State Warriors
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder might not be finished collecting draft picks
- Article: Report: Thunder on verge of trading Steven Adams to Pelicans for draft picks
- Article: Tramel: Losing OKC Thunder fan favorite Steven Adams in trade to Pelicans is a cruel part of rebuild
- Article: Tramel: Steven Adams trade leads to even more roster turnover for OKC Thunder
- Article: OKC Thunder trades Steven Adams, losing last connection to past era: 'This is definitely a dark day for Thunder fans'
- Article: Report: Former Thunder center Nerlens Noel signs with New York Knicks
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder receives Kenrich Williams, Zylan Cheatham, Josh Gray in Steven Adams trade with Pelicans
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder trades Jalen Lecque to Indiana Pacers for T.J. Leaf
- Article: OKC Thunder: Timeline of 10 trades Sam Presti made to stockpile more draft picks
- Article: How Steven Adams created countless memories with OKC Thunder? Stache Bros, flip flops and a 3-point shimmy
- Article: Report: Former Knicks coach Mike Miller to join OKC Thunder staff
- Article: OKC Thunder preseason schedule released for 2020-21 NBA season
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder trading Steven Adams means a time to mourn & a time to dance
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five big questions heading into NBA training camp
- Article: OKC Thunder to begin season without fans at home games
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five takeaways from Sam Presti's press conference on Steven Adams, Aleksej Pokusevski and rebuild
- Article: OKC Thunder Q&A: Sam Presti on why the time was right to rebuild
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder's best option is tanking, even if it stinks
- Article: OKC Thunder waives guard Josh Gray
- Video: Thunder: One on one with Steven Adams
- Video: Thunder Media Day 2019: Nerlens Noel
- Video: Thunder Update: Presti address Donovan's departure
- Video: Thunder Stache Bros
Jackson becomes the 21st Thunder player under contract for next season. That number will begin to shrink with training camp a week away. Teams can have 15 players on their roster, plus two players signed to two-way contracts.
Jackson will join former teammates Darius Miller, Kenrich Williams, Zylan Cheatham and Josh Gray in Oklahoma City. The latter four were acquired from the Pelicans in the Steven Adams trade.
Guards: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Luguentz Dort, Josh Gray, George Hill, Frank Jackson, Ty Jerome, Theo Maledon
Wings: Trevor Ariza, Hamidou Diallo, Justin Jackson, Darius Miller
Forwards: Darius Bazley, Zylan Cheatham, T.J. Leaf, Aleksej Pokusevski, Isaiah Roby, Admiral Schofield, Kenrich Williams
Centers: Al Horford, Mike Muscala, Vincent Poirier