OU vs UTSA men's basketball: Tip time, starting lineups, three things to know
Oklahoma vs. UTSA
When: 7 p.m. Wednesday
Where: Lloyd Noble Center, Norman
TV: Fox Sports Oklahoma (Cox 37/HD 722, Dish 412-35, DirecTV 675, U-verse 751/HD 1751)
Radio: KRXO-FM 107.7
Three things to know
• The Sooners, who have won 17 straight season openers, return more than 70% of their scoring with seniors Brady Manek (14.4) and Austin Reaves (14.7). Reaves finished sixth in the Big 12 in scoring last season and was one of two players to average at least 14 points, five rebounds and three assists. Manek has started 91 of the last 97 games and is the only player in program history to total at least 1,000 points, 150 3-pointers and 75 blocks.
• Approximately 2,500 fans will be allowed inside Lloyd Noble Center with “family” seating pods of 2-6 fans based on the primary ticket holder’s request with a consistent pattern of separation between each pod. Fans are required to wear an appropriate cloth or surgical-style mask that covers the nose and mouth completely at all times on campus and inside the arena. All food, beverage and retail will also be cashless among other safety precautions.
• UTSA features the nation’s No. 2 overall scorer in Jhivvan Jackson, but also several Oklahoma connections. Head coach Steve Henson was Kruger’s longtime assistant coach after playing for Kruger at Kansas State. Assistant Scott Thompson was also OU’s video coordinator from 2011-16. Sophomore center Jacob Germany is a Kingston product and expected to start. Tulsa Union product Adrian Rodriguez comes off the bench after averaging 11.4 minutes per game last season.
F;;Cedrick Alley Jr.;;6-6;;Jr.;3.3;;2.2#
* — Played 2018-19 season at Bossier Parrish (Louisiana) CC. Sat out 2019-20 due to transfer rules
# — Played 2019-20 season at Houston
^ — assists
Jacob Unruh, Staff writer
- Related to this story
- Article: Big 12 men's basketball: A look at each team in the conference entering the season
- Article: OU men's basketball: De'Vion Harmon hopes added mid-range makes him — and the Sooners — better offensively
- Article: OU men's basketball: Lon Kruger says Sooners 'just hope to get to a game' in pandemic season
- Article: OU men's basketball: Sooners' games versus UTSA, UCF postponed due to COVID-19
- Article: OSU basketball: 3 takeaways from Cowboys' 75-68 win at Texas-Arlington
- Article: How Oklahoma State's Cade Cunningham found comfort in hometown debut: 'That allowed me to be me'
- Article: OSU vs. Texas Southern men's basketball: Tip time, starting lineups, three things to know
- Article: Oklahoma State basketball: Walk-on Dee Mitchell awarded scholarship during shift at Walmart
- Video: OU Basketball: Back on the court