OKC Thunder acquires Admiral Schofield in trade with Washington Wizards
The Thunder acquired forward Admiral Schofield from the Wizards in a draft-night trade Wednesday.
The Thunder received Schofield and the 37th pick in the draft, which OKC used to select Czech point guard Vit Krejci.
The Wizards received the 53rd pick, which became Michigan State guard Cassius Winston, and Washington also received a 2024 second-round pick from OKC.
Schofield, 23, is undersized as a 6-foot-5 and 241-pound post player. He averaged 3.0 points and 1.4 rebounds per game last season as a rookie. Schofield made two starts in 33 games.
- Related to this story
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder gets Al Horford, four years too late
- Article: OKC Thunder: Options exercised for Hamidou Diallo, Mike Muscala
- Article: What Sam Presti's draft room was like as the OKC Thunder selected three international prospects
- Article: OKC Thunder receives Vincent Poirier in trade with Boston Celtics
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder trades Kelly Oubre to Golden State Warriors
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder might not be finished collecting draft picks
- Article: Report: Thunder on verge of trading Steven Adams to Pelicans for draft picks
- Article: Report: Former Thunder center Nerlens Noel signs with New York Knicks
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder receives Kenrich Williams, Zylan Cheatham, Josh Gray in Steven Adams trade with Pelicans
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder trades Jalen Lecque to Indiana Pacers for T.J. Leaf
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder signs guard Frank Jackson
- Article: Report: Former Knicks coach Mike Miller to join OKC Thunder staff
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five takeaways from Sam Presti's press conference on Steven Adams, Aleksej Pokusevski and rebuild
- Article: OKC Thunder Q&A: Sam Presti on why the time was right to rebuild
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder's best option is tanking, even if it stinks
- Article: OKC Thunder waives guard Josh Gray
Schofield was born in London. He attended Tennessee, where he was an All-SEC player in his senior season with the Volunteers.
The Wizards selected Schofield 42nd overall in the 2019 NBA Draft.