Report: OKC Thunder receives Al Horford, first-round pick in trade with Philadelphia 76ers
The Oklahoma City Thunder will receive center Al Horford and a 2025 first-round draft pick from the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for guards Danny Green and Terrance Ferguson, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Wednesday, two hours before the NBA draft.
OKC will also receive the 34th pick in Wednesday's draft and Vasilije Micic, a 26-year-old Serbian point guard who plays professionally in Turkey. Micic was a second-round pick by the 76ers in 2014, but he's yet to make his NBA debut.
The Thunder will enter the draft with four picks: No. 25, No. 28, No. 34 and No. 53. Oklahoma City could package some of those picks together to move up the board.
The Thunder now owns 17 first-round picks through 2026.
- Related to this story
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder had to make another move in this wild NBA week
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder declines team option for Deonte Burton
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five things to know about Aleksej Pokusevski, No. 17 pick in NBA Draft
- Article: What Sam Presti's draft room was like as the OKC Thunder selected three international prospects
- Article: OKC Thunder receives Vincent Poirier in trade with Boston Celtics
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder trades Kelly Oubre to Golden State Warriors
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder might not be finished collecting draft picks
- Article: Report: Thunder on verge of trading Steven Adams to Pelicans for draft picks
- Article: Report: Former Thunder center Nerlens Noel signs with New York Knicks
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder receives Kenrich Williams, Zylan Cheatham, Josh Gray in Steven Adams trade with Pelicans
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder trades Jalen Lecque to Indiana Pacers for T.J. Leaf
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder signs guard Frank Jackson
- Article: Report: Former Knicks coach Mike Miller to join OKC Thunder staff
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five takeaways from Sam Presti's press conference on Steven Adams, Aleksej Pokusevski and rebuild
- Article: OKC Thunder Q&A: Sam Presti on why the time was right to rebuild
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder's best option is tanking, even if it stinks
- Article: OKC Thunder waives guard Josh Gray
- Video: Thunder Update: Presti address Donovan's departure
In adding another first-round draft pick from the 76ers, the Thunder will take on Horford's burdensome contract. The five-time All-Star is 34, and he has three years left on his contract, paying $27.5 million, $27 million and $26.5 million. The final year of his deal is partially guaranteed for $14.5 million.
Horford has averaged 13.9 points and 8.3 rebounds per game in 13 NBA seasons. Last season was his first in Philadelphia. Horford played for the Celtics from 2016-19 and began his career with the Hawks in 2007 after a standout college career with Billy Donovan at Florida.
Philadelphia will add a pair of wings from OKC in Green and Ferguson.
Green's Thunder stint was brief. He was traded to the Thunder earlier this week in a deal that sent Dennis Schroder to the Lakers. Green is a valuable 3-and-D wing better suited for a contender than a team entering a rebuild, like the Thunder.
Ferguson, the Thunder's first-round pick in 2017, started 124 games in three seasons. He averaged 4.8 points per game, but earned his minutes on the defensive end. Ferguson was removed from the starting lineup late last season as rookie guard Luguentz Dort emerged as a more productive option.
Ferguson is currently facing rape allegations. A lawsuit was filed against him and his brother in September. Oklahoma County prosecutors decided not to charge Ferguson.