Report: OKC Thunder declines team option for Deonte Burton
The Thunder has declined to pick up the $1.7 million team option for Deonte Burton, Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reported Wednesday.
Burton, 26, will enter free agency after two seasons with the Thunder.
The 6-foot-4 and 240-pound wing averaged 2.7 points and 1.5 rebounds in 39 games last season. Burton was in and out of the Thunder's rotation, and he logged just two minutes in Oklahoma City's playoff series against Houston.
Burton signed a two-way contract with the Thunder in 2018 after going undrafted out of Iowa State. He signed a standard contract in March 2019.
- Related to this story
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder had to make another move in this wild NBA week
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder receives Al Horford, first-round pick in trade with Philadelphia 76ers
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five things to know about Aleksej Pokusevski, No. 17 pick in NBA Draft
- Article: What Sam Presti's draft room was like as the OKC Thunder selected three international prospects
- Article: OKC Thunder receives Vincent Poirier in trade with Boston Celtics
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder trades Kelly Oubre to Golden State Warriors
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder might not be finished collecting draft picks
- Article: Report: Thunder on verge of trading Steven Adams to Pelicans for draft picks
- Article: Report: Former Thunder center Nerlens Noel signs with New York Knicks
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder receives Kenrich Williams, Zylan Cheatham, Josh Gray in Steven Adams trade with Pelicans
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder trades Jalen Lecque to Indiana Pacers for T.J. Leaf
- Article: Report: OKC Thunder signs guard Frank Jackson
- Article: Report: Former Knicks coach Mike Miller to join OKC Thunder staff
- Article: OKC Thunder: Five takeaways from Sam Presti's press conference on Steven Adams, Aleksej Pokusevski and rebuild
- Article: OKC Thunder Q&A: Sam Presti on why the time was right to rebuild
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder's best option is tanking, even if it stinks
- Article: OKC Thunder waives guard Josh Gray
The Thunder, entering the NBA Draft on Wednesday night, now has 13 players under contract for next season. That includes Hamidou Diallo, who has a team option, and Mike Muscala, who has a player option.