Bedlam football: ESPN's College GameDay heading to Norman
NORMAN — For the first time since 2012, ESPN’s College GameDay is heading to Norman.
GameDay announced their destination for next week Saturday, selecting the Bedlam matchup.
The game is set for 6:30 p.m. on ABC.
GameDay has been a regular at Bedlam over the years.
Saturday’s show will be the seventh set at the site of the rivalry but just the second in Norman.
GameDay was at Bedlam in Stillwater in 2017, 2015, 2010, 2008 and 2004. The 2003 Bedlam in Norman was also the site of GameDay.
All six of those previous Bedlams with GameDay in attendance had a common result — a Sooners win.
The Sooners has gone 24-13 with GameDay broadcasting from the site of their games. Only Alabama, Ohio State and Florida have been featured more since the show began originating from campus sites occasionally in 1993 and nearly every week in 1995.
The Cowboys are 1-7 all-time on GameDay. They’ve been featured in non-Bedlam games twice — the 2013 blowout win over Baylor in Stillwater and the loss to Florida State in Arlington to begin the 2014 season.
- Related to this story
- Article: OSU football: Cowboys uniform guru Justin Williams gives nod to throwback look as his favorite combination
- Article: OSU football: You've got favorite uniform combinations for the Cowboys and so do we
- Article: Carlson: How OSU football's uniforms became a hallmark of the Cowboys, not a footnote
- Article: Sooners have one of the most iconic looks in college football: 'It’s hard to get too far away from them'
- Video: OU Football: The last stretch