OU football vs. Kansas: Broadcast info, betting lines, matchup breakdown
No. 19 OU vs. Kansas
When: 2:30 p.m. Saturday
Where: Gaylord Family — Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, Norman
TV: ESPN2 (Cox 28/HD 721, Dish 143, DirecTV 209, U-verse 606/HD 1606)
Radio: KRXO-FM 107.7, KEBC-AM 1560
Line: OU by 37
Record: 0-6 (0-5 Big 12)
Best player: A few weeks ago, this was obviously running back Pooka Williams, who ran for 252 yards and two touchdowns against the Sooners in 2018. But Williams opted out after playing in the first four games. So now, the answer is probably wide receiver Kwamie Lassister II. Lassister has 27 catches for 295 yards and a touchdown. The senior had five catches for 66 yards in Saturday’s loss to Iowa State.
The case for the Jayhawks: Frankly, there isn’t one. The Jayhawks have lost their five Big 12 games by an average of 31 points and none closer than their 21-point loss to West Virginia last month. Especially with the way the Sooners played against Texas Tech, it’s hard to see Kansas finding a way to keep this game close much less pull off the upset.
The case for the Sooners: OU got a boost of energy with the return of running back Rhamondre Stevenson and defensive end Ronnie Perkins against the Red Raiders and put together by far their most complete game of the season. Quarterback Spencer Rattler has settled down and settled in as one of the top quarterbacks in the country by making much better decisions than he did early in the season.
Ryan Aber, Staff writer
- Related to this story
- Article: OU football: Sooners H-back Brayden Willis' political activities go far beyond casting a ballot
- Article: OU football: Four-star recruit Billy Bowman Jr. finds 'the best fit' in committing to Sooners
- Article: OU-Texas rematch more likely than a Bedlam rematch
- Article: OU football journal: Sooners cut down on penalties, Saturday's broadcast moved, LaRon Stokes questionable
- Article: OU football: Ronnie Perkins made an immediate and strong impact on Sooners' defense
- Article: OU football: Sooners safety Pat Fields advocates for NCAA rule change; Lincoln Riley gives update on Caleb Kelly's recovery
- Article: OU football: Rhamondre Stevenson brings 'Las Vegas flair' to Sooners' backfield
- Article: OU football: 3-2-1 kickoff for Sooners vs. Kansas Jayhawks
- Article: How OU quarterback Spencer Rattler is avoiding costly turnovers after early struggles: 'It ain’t high school no more'
- Article: Tramel: Kansas football has become the most-depressed program in college football history
- Article: Live updates: OU football vs Kansas
- Video: OU Football: Sooners dominate Texas Tech