OU football: Sooners' win at Texas Tech by the numbers
The Sooners trailed 7-0 early Saturday night in Lubbock before steamrolling Texas Tech 62-28 for their third consecutive win. Here are some of the key numbers:
3: Rushing touchdowns for the Sooners this season against teams not from Texas (Missouri State, Kansas State, Iowa State).
11: Rushing touchdowns for the Sooners this season against teams from Texas (UT, TCU and Texas Tech).
11: Consecutive games against Texas Tech in which the Sooners scored at least 38 points. It ties a streak that OU had against the long-defunct Kingfisher College from 1908-1919.
42: Unanswered points from the Sooners in about 14 minutes of game time after falling behind 7-0 in the first quarter.
48: First-half points by OU, its most in a half since dropping 49 on Nebraska in the first half of a 62-28 win in 2008.
87: Rushing yards for OU's Rhamondre Stevenson in his first game of 2020 after serving a six-game suspension from the NCAA.
105: Receiving yards for OU's Theo Wease, setting a career high on five catches.
- Related to this story
- Article: Carlson: How OU football provides respite from pancreatic cancer for member of Sooner radio crew
- Article: OU football: Five takeaways from Sooners' 62-28 win over Texas Tech
- Article: Carlson: OU football gets high marks from Spencer Rattler, defensive front against Texas Tech
- Article: Carlson: What OU football did at Texas Tech should concern every other team in the Big 12
- Article: OU football: How a returning Rhamondre Stevenson could be a transformative figure for Sooners' offense
- Article: OU football: Tre Norwood's interceptions, Spencer Rattler's poise and defensive line depth punctuate blowout win
213: Rushing yards for the Sooners, setting a season high, with Stevenson and Seth McGowan (58 yards on 10 carries) leading the way.
Jeff Patterson, Sports editor