OU football: Edmond Santa Fe receiver Talyn Shettron commits to Sooners
EDMOND – Talyn Shettron has made his college decision.
The standout junior wide receiver at Edmond Santa Fe verbally committed to Oklahoma on Saturday. He announced the decision on his Twitter account.
Shettron chose OU over offers from Florida State, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Texas and Texas A&M, among numerous others.
ESPN ranks Shettron as the top receiver in the 2022 class and the No. 12 prospect overall. He's a consensus four-star prospect.
- Related to this story
- Article: OU football: Five takeaways from Sooners' 33-14 win over TCU
- Article: OU football notebook: T.J. Pledger's big day, Gabe Brkic's bounce-back and a strange first-quarter call
- Article: Tramel: Nothing passive about the OU defense in 33-14 rout of TCU
- Article: OU football: Marvin Mims' speed is special, but he shows off complete package of receiver skills in Sooners' win over TCU
- Video: OU Football: Preparing for TCU
In seven games this season, he has caught 32 passes for 499 yards and eight touchdowns. He's also returned a couple kicks for scores. In Class 6A-I No. 5 Edmond Santa Fe's 35-28 win against No. 3 Broken Arrow on Friday, he had five receptions for 99 yards and a score.
Shettron is one of the first Oklahoma prospects in the 2022 class to announce his commitment. Mustang's Andre Dollar committed to Oregon in September.