OSU football unveils 1987 throwback uniforms for West Virginia game
STILLWATER — The Oklahoma State football Twitter account posted a video meshing highlights of legendary running back Thurman Thomas’ final college football game with shots of the throwback uniforms the Cowboys will wear in his honor.
Thomas’ final game, the 1987 Sun Bowl, was a 35-33 OSU victory over West Virginia. Thomas was named the MVP of the game and reached 5,001 rushing yards for his career — a number that still stands as OSU’s all-time record.
The Cowboys will face West Virginia at 2:30 p.m. Saturday wearing the all-white throwback uniforms.
Thomas will be recognized at halftime as the first-ever inductee into the Cowboys’ Ring of Honor. His jersey No. 34 is one of four numbers retired by OSU.
- Related to this story
- Article: College football: Sooners up to No. 3, Cowboys rise to No. 11 in AP poll
- Article: OSU football: Cowboy offensive line must stop the music before West Virginia arrives
- Article: OSU football: West Virginia preparing for Spencer Sanders to play, watching high school tape on Shane Illingworth
- Article: OSU football: Shane Illingworth wouldn’t have been available had Tulsa game not be delayed
- Article: OU football: Spencer Rattler's arm is off the charts, but his running ability might be needed soon also
- Article: Carlson: Why OSU quarterback Shane Illingworth's family didn't expect him to suit up vs. Tulsa, let alone save the day
- Article: Tramel: Cut Mike Gundy some slack for Oklahoma State quarterback decision
- Article: OSU football: Kolby Harvell-Peel shows creative side through music, with fifth album released on Thursday
- Article: OU football: After 'better than expected' opener, student section biggest change for Sooners' second home game
- Article: OSU football: The Six Shooter pregame thoughts on the Cowboys vs. West Virginia
- Article: OSU football: 3-2-1 kickoff for No. 15 Cowboys vs. West Virginia