Coronavirus in Oklahoma: OKC's Diamond Ballroom to reopen with Jason Boland & The Stragglers' 'Pearl Snaps 20th Anniversary Tour'
Jason Boland & The Stragglers will celebrate the 20th anniversary of their debut album "Pearl Snaps" Oct. 2 at the Diamond Ballroom, 8001 S Eastern Ave.
The Oklahoma-Texas red dirt band - fronted by Harrah native Jason Boland - released its now-legendary first album in 1999. The band's “Pearl Snaps 20th Anniversary Tour” was planned for earlier this year but had to be postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The band's Oct. 2 show at the Diamond Ballroom is planned to be the venerable venue's first show since closing due to the coronavirus pandemic. (As previously reported, the Buckcherry concert originally slated to reopen the venue in August has been postponed to Oct. 18.)
The OKC venue will be operating at 30% capacity for this event and every show that is currently scheduled for 2020, according to a news release.
For more information, go to diamondballroom.com.
The Diamond Ballroom is the only viable venue for local promoter DCF Concerts to host shows at this time. Reserved seating theaters, arenas and outdoor amphitheaters require larger, national concert tours to fill them, and all of those tours have canceled well into 2021.
The Diamond Ballroom underwent an extensive renovation in 2018-19 that has increased its capacity, which is now allowing several tables and chairs to be moved in to assist patrons in social distancing. Tables and chairs are available on a first come, first served basis.
In addition, select shows will have VIP sections and reserved seating for patrons 21 and older so guests can have their own servers and stay comfortably seated, minimizing movement around the venue.
Here are the rules in place for attending a 2020 concert at Diamond Ballroom:
- Masks are required for the event if Oklahoma City is under a mask ordinance, which is currently the case. Check here to see if an ordinance is in place for future event dates: http://bit.ly/MASKOKC.
- All patrons will have their temperatures checked before admission to the venue. People with a temperature of 99.9 or above will be denied entry.
- Diamond Ballroom’s reduced capacity allows for complete social distancing. With all of this room to spread out, please do not crowd the stage.
- Be mindful at all times of the distance between you and the fans who are not in your party. Please observe social distancing when forming a line, whether waiting outside for entry or inside the venue at concessions and merchandise stands.
- Take advantage of numerous sanitizing opportunities throughout the venue – many tables and chairs have also been added to further assist safety efforts and are first-come, first-served
- If you plan to smoke or vape on Diamond Ballroom’s outdoor patio, please keep a further distance than 6 feet from those not in your party. There is no smoking inside of the venue.
For this event, all guests are required to wear a mask in accordance with Oklahoma City’s mask mandate when:
- Entering and exiting the venue
- Ordering food or beverages from the bars
- Going to and from the restrooms
- Purchasing merchandise
- Unable to distance from those not in their party
People who have COVID-19, have run a fever in the past 48 hour, have a new cough or shortness of breath, have experienced direct contact with a person who has a confirmed diagnosis of coronavirus or have been in an area heavily affected with COVID-19 in the past 14 days are asked not to attend a show at the venue.
DCF Concerts' event schedule has undergone and continues to undergo major changes due to the pandemic. For more information and tickets, go to www.dcfconcerts.com.