OU football: Sooners' season-opening win vs. Missouri State by the numbers
The Spencer Rattler era got off to a smooth start Saturday as OU routed FCS-level Missouri State 48-0. Here are some of the key numbers:
4: Passing touchdowns for redshirt freshman quarterback Spencer Rattler — the first OU freshman to throw for four TDs in his first start.
12: Different Sooners caught a pass Saturday and from three quarterbacks.
31: First-quarter points for the Sooners, their most in a first quarter since scoring 35 against Nebraska in 2008.
75: Years since the Sooners had a home crowd with fewer fans than its announced sellout attendance Saturday of 22,700. The Sooners had 11,000 in attendance for a 14-7 win over Iowa State on Nov. 10, 1945.
136: Yards of total offense for Missouri State and coach Bobby Petrino.
303.3: Passing efficiency rating for Rattler, who played only the first half and went 14-of-17 passing for 290 yards and four TDs.
Jeff Patterson, Sports editor
- Related to this story
- Article: Recap: OU vs Missouri State
- Article: OU football: 'Sooners For Humanity' initiative announced
- Article: For OU football fans, the new-look gameday means a new approach: 'The memories are more important'
- Article: OU football: Five takeaways from Sooners' 48-0 win over Missouri State
- Article: Carlson: OU football report card all As after season-opening shutout of Missouri State
- Article: Carlson: Why OU quarterback Spencer Rattler went into airplane mode and helped the Sooners take flight
- Article: OU football: Absences don't keep Sooners from dominating Missouri State
- Article: Winners and losers from college football Week 2: Sun Belt on rise, Big 12 takes hit
- Article: OU football: Running game needs work, Lincoln Riley says
- Article: OU football: The return of the Schooner and pay-per-view problems among bests and worsts
- Article: College football: Sooners up to No. 3, Cowboys rise to No. 11 in AP poll
- Article: Tramel: Big 12 football power rankings after a miserable Saturday
- Article: Sooner running game was lacking vs. Missouri State
- Article: OU football: Marvin Mims, Seth McGowan emerge as potential stars in Sooners' opener
- Article: Tramel: College football rankings should have Louisiana-Lafayette No. 1
- Article: OU football: Lincoln Riley says contact tracing holds 'excruciating' for Sooners
- Article: OSU football: Back injury led Calvin Bundage on a long journey back to football
- Article: OU football: Jeremiah Hall says Sooners used to 'higher standard' so COVID-19 protocols are easy to follow
- Article: OU football: Tre Norwood happy to be back healthy again for Sooners
- Article: OU football: 'Race to 26' turnovers remain a focus after solid first showing by Sooners' defense
- Article: OU football: Sooners changing student section guidelines after 'disappointing' behavior in opener
- Article: OU football: Marvin Mims' high school coach says Sooners freshman receiver 'just has another gear'
- Article: OU football: Spencer Rattler's arm is off the charts, but his running ability might be needed soon also
- Article: Big 12 leaves some wiggle room in its schedule for makeup games
- Article: Tramel: Cut Mike Gundy some slack for Oklahoma State quarterback decision
- Article: OSU football: Kolby Harvell-Peel shows creative side through music, with fifth album released on Thursday
- Article: OU football: After 'better than expected' opener, student section biggest change for Sooners' second home game
- Article: OSU football: The Six Shooter pregame thoughts on the Cowboys vs. West Virginia
- Article: OSU football: 3-2-1 kickoff for No. 15 Cowboys vs. West Virginia
- Video: OU Football: Rattler and Defense Shine in OU's win over Missouri State
- Video: OU Football: Spencer Rattler recounts season-opening win
- Video: OU football: Sooner Defense Shutout Missouri State