Tulsa at Oklahoma State football: Broadcast info, betting lines, matchup breakdown
Tulsa at No. 15 Oklahoma State
When: 11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 19 (was postponed from Sept. 12 due to COVID-related issues for TU)
Where: Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater
TV: ESPN (Cox 29/HD 720, Dish 140, DirecTV 206, U-verse 602/HD 1602)
Radio: KXXY-FM 96.1
Line: OSU by 22½
Best player: For the first time since 2016, Tulsa has the same starting quarterback in back-to-back seasons. Zach Smith threw for 3,279 yards with 19 touchdowns and nine interceptions, and he returns his favorite target, Keylon Stokes, who had 1,040 yards and six scores.
The case for Tulsa: The Tulsa offense, led by Smith and two dangerous running backs in Shamari Brooks and Corey Taylor, seemed to come together late last season. After averaging 21.9 points through the first seven games, the Golden Hurricane posted an average of 32.8 points over the final five. The defense returns only a few familiar names, but one of them is linebacker Zaven Collins, who led the team with 97 tackles last year.
The case for OSU: In last year’s matchup, Chuba Hubbard rushed for 256 yards and three touchdowns. In his first game out of the gate this season, you can expect that he’ll be ready to run, and Tulsa will have to find a way to stop him. Plus, the offense around Hubbard — particularly quarterback Spencer Sanders — should be improved. And the defense that held Tulsa to 21 points a year ago has nearly everyone back and should be improved as well.
Scott Wright, Staff writer
- Related to this story
- Article: OU football: Lincoln Riley says Sooners made 'this march today of solidarity' to protest racial injustice
- Article: Carlson: OU football coach Lincoln Riley listened and learned, and we can, too
- Article: Former Sooners accuse Coale of racial insensitivity
- Article: College football players find voice with social justice demonstrations
- Article: OU women's basketball: Sooners coach Sherri Coale apologizes after former players' claims of racial insensitivity
- Article: Carlson: Why OU's journey to finding answers about Sherri Coale, women's basketball has only begun
- Article: OSU football parents in medical field are trusting school to care for their sons
- Article: OSU football: 'Our Time' ESPN documentary crew adjusting to changes on the fly
- Article: For college football on TV, 'the season itself is the story'
- Article: OSU football: Three questions, three answers from the first Cowboy depth chart
- Article: Big 12 football teams could enter national anthem controversy
- Article: OSU football has had 'a couple players' opt out of the season
- Article: OSU football: Offensive guard Josh Sills an ideal fit with program
- Article: OSU football: Mike Gundy focused on own team in player empowerment movement
- Article: OSU football: Cowboys have seven active COVID-19 cases ahead of opener
- Article: OSU football: Cowboys' opener with Tulsa postponed to Sept. 19
- Article: Tramel: BYU-Navy debacle shows why OSU-Tulsa was postponed
- Article: OSU football: Chuba Hubbard always thinking of the 'greater good'
- Article: OSU football: Kickoff set for Sept. 19 opener against Tulsa
- Article: OSU athletics announces position reductions, pay cuts for department employees
- Article: 10 changes to watch for as college football season kicks off
- Article: OSU football: Calvin Bundage details back surgery, medical hurdles on return to football
- Article: Gundy's status dips in Stillwater
- Article: OSU football: Nine Cowboy assistants unaffected by athletic department pay cuts
- Video: Mike Gundy Media Availability: September 14
- Video: OU football: Sooners demonstrate against racial injustice
- Video: OSU Football: Gundy talks routine, defense and Spencer Sanders
- Video: Mike Gundy Media Availability: September 7
- Video: OSU football: Chuba Hubbard always thinking of the 'greater good'
- Video: OU Football: Alex Grinch
- Video: OSU football: Jarrick Bernard-Converse
- Video: OSU Football: Calvin Bundage