Coronavirus in Oklahoma: OKC art collective Factory Obscura reopening 'Mix-Tape' attraction
Oklahoma City artistic collective Factory Obscura will plans to reopen its popular immersive attraction "Mix-Tape" Wednesday with COVID-19 safety protocols including required masks, timed tickets, advanced reservations and more.
As previously reported, Factory Obscura announced in March that it was temporarily closing its popular attraction at 25 NW Ninth on Automobile Alley (formerly The Womb) in response to the coronavirus pandemic, and it pushed back its initial reopening plans in July due to rising COVID-19 numbers.
Here are the safety protocols:
- Online advanced reservations: Time slots are available every 15 minutes for groups of up to 10 at a time. People are encouraged to attend only with their "quaranteam."
Regular admission rates apply: Adults for $17, children for $12 and children 3 and younger free. Annual passholders receive free admission and should receive an access code in their email.
If a group is fewer than 10 people, it is possible that remaining tickets in the time slot may be sold to other groups. People who want to guarantee that they are experiencing "Mix-Tape: with only people they know are encouraged to buy out the remainder of the tickets in the time slot, even if they’ll go unused.
- Arrive on time for a reservation: "Mix-Tape" will only open for advance reservations at this time. Doors will remain closed, and no walk-up sales will be made. Ticketholders are asked wait on the sidewalk for their reservation time, when staff will greet them at the door. People can take in public art and local shops in the neighborhood while they wait. If people arrive more than give minutes late for their reservation, their group may be rescheduled for a later time.
- Masks required: Face masks are required inside the Mix-Tape building. Masks must cover the nose and mouth and be worn the entire time visitors are inside. This applies to everyone, including guests, staff and vendors. Everyone older than the age of 2 will be required to wear a mask, as recommended by the CDC.
People who unable to wear a mask for any reason, they are asked to refrain from attending "Mix-Tape" at this time, for the safety of staff and visitors.
- Adhere to social distancing: Visitors are asked to adhere to social distancing guidelines, including at least 6 feet between people who are not members of the same household, even while wearing a mask.
- Health Check: Upon arrival, it is possible that visitors will be asked a series of health screening questions, as recommended by the CDC, or their temperature may be taken using a touchless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be permitted inside the building. People can get a refund or reschedule for a later date at no additional cost.
If anyone in a visitor's household has experienced fever, persistent dry cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or other symptoms associated with COVID-19, in the previous 14 days of their visit, they should reschedule their reservation.
- New one-way traffic set out for "Mix-Tape": Under normal circumstances, visitors are encouraged to explore freely and stay as long as they'd like at "Mix-Tape." However, in order to limit total capacity and ensure safe distances between groups, Factory Obscura's artists have created a new way to explore "Mix-Tape." All the attraction's favorite features are still available, and staff will help guide visitors through it. A "Mix-Tape" adventure will be about 45 minutes.
- Credit cards preferred in the gift shop: The gift shop, full of handcrafted and one-of-a-kind art and design by Factory Obscura, will be open for ticketholders at the end of their visit. In order to reduce contact during purchases, Factory Obscura prefers to accept credit cards at this time. Counter tops and equipment are sanitized between each transaction.