OSU football: Cornerback Christian Holmes getting accustomed to constant coverage
STILLWATER — Graduate transfer cornerback Christian Holmes settled in quickly at Oklahoma State after coming over from Missouri in the summer.
The 6-foot-1, 200-pound senior called it a simple transition, but he’s still getting used to seeing the ball flying around so much.
“This is the most I’ve seen the ball thrown around probably since I put on a helmet,” Holmes said. “It’s crazy and it’s fun. It’s what every corner dreams to do.”
Holmes knows the Cowboys have a lot of depth returning on defense, but hopes he can find a way to contribute as he and Jarrick Bernard-Converse compete for playing time at cornerback.
- Related to this story
- Article: OSU football: Jarrick Bernard-Converse, Christian Holmes offer good choices at vacant cornerback position
- Article: OSU football: Examining three major changes in Mike Gundy's contract
- Article: OSU football: After bout with COVID-19, Trace Ford working back into shape
- Article: OSU football: Logan Carter sees tight ends being used in variety of ways
- Article: Carlson: How Oklahoma State used its leverage in renegotiating Mike Gundy's contract
- Video: OSU Football: Christian Holmes
- Video: Mike Gundy media availability - August 17, 2020
- Video: OSU Football: Trace Ford
- Video: Riding to the finish line
“I believe in my ability,” he said. “I can compete with any receiver, in my eyes. I think the team here on defense, we have a lot of depth where I feel like I can come in and contribute when possible, whether that be special teams or anything. I just know I can contribute somehow.”