OKC Thunder: Rockets star Russell Westbrook 'healing' but status for series undetermined
Russell Westbrook underwent an MRI on Tuesday, but his availability for the Rockets-Thunder series remains undetermined.
Houston coach Mike D’Antoni said before Tuesday’s Game 1 that Westbrook’s strained right quadriceps is healing, but there is no timetable for the former Thunder superstar to return to the court.
“It’s getting a lot better,” D’Antoni said. “Good news it’s healing, so we just have to wait and see. We’ll have to wait and see. I really don’t know at this point.
“Can’t rule anything out, but don’t know anything yet.”
- Related to this story
- Article: Carlson: OKC Thunder-Rockets playoff series will be great — even from the couch
- Article: Winners and losers from the NBA's restarted bubble season before the playoffs
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder's original sin of James Harden always shadows franchise
- Article: How Chris Paul 'reinvented himself' with OKC Thunder after Rockets trade
- Article: OKC Thunder vs. Houston Rockets: How do teams match up?
- Article: NBA Playoffs 2020: First-round series preview capsules
- Article: OKC Thunder: A closer look at Chris Paul's playoff resume
- Article: NBA playoff predictions for first round: Schedule, how to watch
- Article: OKC has lost four straight playoff series
- Article: OKC Thunder: Lu Dort unlikely to play Game 1 against Rockets
- Article: OKC Thunder: Russell Westbrook's availability for Rocket playoff series still unknown
- Article: OKC Thunder vs. Rockets: NBA Playoffs Game 1 lineups, tip-off time, how to watch
- Article: Carlson: Why these Thunder playoffs will be unlike anything OKC has ever seen
- Article: OKC Thunder: With Lu Dort likely out, who guards Rockets star James Harden?
- Article: OKC Thunder: Steven Adams vs. P.J. Tucker will be matchup to watch
- Article: OKC Thunder: Lu Dort out for Game 1 against Rockets
- Video: Thunder Update: Bazley on team leadership
Without Westbrook, the Rockets are down to one former MVP: James Harden, another former Thunder star.
Westbrook missed the final two games of the restart seeding games, both of which Houston lost. The Rockets started the seeding games 4-1, but lost three straight to close out the regular season.