OKC Thunder: Lu Dort unlikely to play Game 1 against Rockets
Thunder guard Luguentz Dort is not likely to play in Game 1 against the Rockets, coach Billy Donovan said after practice Monday.
"I think we're pretty confident about that, but again, he's progressed," Donovan said. "We'll see where he's at tomorrow and see how much progress he can continue to make."
Dort suffered a right knee sprain last week and was considered day-to-day heading into the playoffs.
It's a significant blow for the Thunder, as Dort was likely to be the primary option to defend Rockets superstar James Harden.
- Related to this story
- Article: Carlson: OKC Thunder-Rockets playoff series will be great — even from the couch
- Article: Winners and losers from the NBA's restarted bubble season before the playoffs
- Article: Tramel: OKC Thunder's original sin of James Harden always shadows franchise
- Article: How Chris Paul 'reinvented himself' with OKC Thunder after Rockets trade
- Article: OKC Thunder vs. Houston Rockets: How do teams match up?
- Article: NBA Playoffs 2020: First-round series preview capsules
- Article: OKC Thunder: A closer look at Chris Paul's playoff resume
- Article: NBA playoff predictions for first round: Schedule, how to watch
- Article: OKC has lost four straight playoff series
- Article: OKC Thunder: Russell Westbrook's availability for Rocket playoff series still unknown
- Article: OKC Thunder vs. Rockets: NBA Playoffs Game 1 lineups, tip-off time, how to watch
- Article: Carlson: Why these Thunder playoffs will be unlike anything OKC has ever seen
- Article: OKC Thunder: With Lu Dort likely out, who guards Rockets star James Harden?
- Article: OKC Thunder: Steven Adams vs. P.J. Tucker will be matchup to watch
- Article: OKC Thunder: Rockets star Russell Westbrook 'healing' but status for series undetermined
- Article: OKC Thunder: Lu Dort out for Game 1 against Rockets
- Video: Thunder Update: Bazley on team leadership
Dort has started 28 games in his rookie season after signing with the Thunder as an undrafted free agent.
The Thunder and Rockets will tip-off at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.