OU football: Sooners opener set for Sept. 12, OU-Texas date unchanged
NORMAN — There might not be a state fair going on right outside the doors, and the stands are unlikely to be anywhere close to full at the Cotton Bowl in early October but for now, OU and Texas are still set to play Oct. 10 at the Cotton Bowl.
The Big 12 released its revised conference schedule Wednesday, announcing it planned to move forward with fall sports.
The Sooners will open the season Sept. 12 against Missouri State. It's the third date for that game, which had originally been scheduled for Sept. 5 before being moved up to Aug. 29 to give the Sooners a bye week after their opener.
But with the rest of the non-conference schedule canceled, and Missouri State's schedule for the fall cleared after the Missouri Valley Football Conference decided to push football to the spring, the game was moved yet again.
- Related to this story
- Article: Tramel: Please, OU & OSU football fans, show some grace on ticket distribution
- Article: OU football schedule breakdown: Longhorns figure to be biggest challenge for Sooners in 2020
- Article: Tramel: Big 12 football status rises during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Article: OSU football: Spencer Sanders, Tim Rattay built relationship through pandemic
- Article: OSU football: Cowboys add transfer receiver Tay Martin from Washington State, but where does he fit in?
- Article: OKC Thunder: NBA rules Dennis Schroder fouled Eric Gordon on inbounds turnover
- Article: OSU football: As many as seven true freshmen could play for Cowboys
Bedlam, originally scheduled for Oct. 24, will be played Nov. 21.
The schedule features three byes — Sept. 19, Oct. 17 and Nov. 14.
OU 2020 football schedule
Sept. 12: Missouri State
Sept. 26: Kansas State
Oct. 3: at Iowa State
Oct. 10: vs. Texas (Dallas)
Oct. 24: at TCU
Oct. 31: at Texas Tech
Nov. 7: Kansas
Nov. 21: Oklahoma State
Nov. 28: at West Virginia
Dec. 5: Baylor
Dec. 12: Big 12 Championship Game