OU football: Sooner coaching staff sorting out who will oversee special teams
NORMAN — The Sooners are still nailing down a plan for who will coach special teams.
Former OU assistant coach Jay Boulware was the special teams coordinator, and, since his departure, the coaching staff is still sorting out who will take over the responsibilities.
Assistant head coach for offense Shane Beamer will handle most of the special teams duties. Beamer has already been involved with the special teams unit, helping Boulware with it over the last two seasons.
Some other things are being split up among the coaching staff. Coach Lincoln Riley said the staff is still finalizing how the responsibilities are divided up.
- Related to this story
- Article: OU football: Sooners set date for spring game
- Article: OU football: Sooners entering transfer portal not a surprise to Lincoln Riley
- Article: OU football: Chandler Morris was Lincoln Riley's favorite QB in 2020 class
- Article: OU football: Jamar Cain isn't a splash hire, but new assistant's importance is huge
- Article: 'You just know': Why DeMarco Murray was a 'no-brainer' hire for Lincoln Riley on OU's coaching staff
- Article: Riley paints a rosy picture of Sooner defense, but it's an uphill battle
- Video: OU Football - Lincoln Riley
- Video: OU Football: DeMarco Murray to be named OU running backs coach
- Video: OU Football - DeMarco Murray and Jamar Cain introduced as coaches