OSU football: Canadian flag emojis trying to wave Chuba Hubbard back to Stillwater
STILLWATER — If you’re an expert interpreter of Twitter emojis, your services are requested by Oklahoma State football fans.
As they wait for Chuba Hubbard’s NFL decision, OSU fans were greeted by a string of emoji tweets from Cowboy players beginning Thursday night. Receiver Tylan Wallace, who recently announced he will stay at OSU for his senior season, was one of the first to fly the Canadian flag emoji with a set of eyeballs.
Other players jumped in with similar emoji-only tweets. And finally, on Friday morning, coach Mike Gundy chimed in with the Canadian flag and a flexing arm.
Depending on how you want to interpret all the Twitter action, either OSU players are putting the full-court press on Hubbard to stay for his junior season, or whispers of his decision are circulating throughout the program and they’re celebrating through emoji.
- Related to this story
- Article: OSU football: A busy January of recruiting started early for Cowboys
- Article: OSU football: Cowboy offensive line in good position to fill holes in 2020
- Article: OSU football: Is Kasey Dunn staying with the Cowboys?
- Article: OSU football: Assessing the Cowboys' recruiting needs for the February signing period
- Article: OSU football: Sean Gleeson has agreed to become Rutgers' offensive coordinator, per report
- Article: OSU football: Brendon Evers recovering from postseason surgery
- Video: OSU Football: Gundy talks 2020 recruiting class
- Video: OSU Football: Mike Gundy on loss to OU
- Video: Texas Bowl: Mike Gundy and Dru Brown press conference
OSU returns to class Jan. 8, and the early entry deadline for the NFL Draft is Jan. 20.