OSU football: Gunnar Gundy to walk on for Cowboys in 2021
Gunnar Gundy is staying close to home for college.
Gundy told The Oklahoman on Friday he plans to walk on and play for the Oklahoma State football team, starting in the spring of 2021. Gundy, the son of Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy, graduated from Stillwater High School on Friday.
Gunnar is going to sit out a year from playing football. He's going to enroll at OSU as a part-time student in the spring and fall of 2020 semesters. In the spring of 2021, Gunnar said he's going to enroll as a full-time student and walk on to the football team.
"I'm waiting to start my four-year clock so I can hopefully get to play there and finish my career there," Gunnar said.
- Related to this story
- Article: OSU football: Playing both Spencer Sanders, Dru Brown in Texas Bowl has value
- Article: OSU football: Chuba Hubbard is Cowboys' 10th unanimous All-American
- Article: Oklahoma State football: Old foe Texas A&M awaits in the Texas Bowl
- Article: OSU football: Brennan Presley's speed, versatility draw Tyreek Hill comparison
- Article: OSU football: Mike Gundy 'commends' Texas A&M's Justin Madubuike on NFL decision
- Article: OSU football: Tulsa Kelley's Zach Middleton ready to prove he's healthy
- Article: OSU football: A.J. Green has one final chance to shine in Texas Bowl
- Article: OSU football: Kasey Dunn hired as offensive coordinator at UNLV, Joe Bob Clements a defensive coordinator candidate
- Video: OSU Football: Signing Day
- Video: OSU Football: Gundy talks 2020 recruiting class
- Video: OSU Football - Is Chuba Hubbard staying or going?
- Video: OSU Football: Middleton signs with OSU
- Video: OSU Football: Dru Brown on the Texas Bowl
- Video: OSU Football: Gleeson on Texas Bowl
Gunnar had an offer from Eastern Michigan with numerous other schools showing interest. During his senior season, Gundy completed 224-of-300 passes for 3,481 yards with 47 touchdowns and three interceptions.