National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum invites students to drop in for fun activities
The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum will be hosting family friendly, drop-in activities inspired by the holiday season on Dec. 23-24 and Dec. 26 through Jan. 3.
Kids may create a different make-and-take craft each day until 2 p.m. at the museum, 1700 NE 63. No reservations are required and activities will be available while supplies last.
Activities and the planned dates include:
• Holiday Card Shop: Dec. 23 and 29. Create your own special card, gift tag or thank-you note from a variety of art materials.
• Santa’s Scavenger Hunt: Dec. 24 and 31. The elves have hidden clues around the museum. Explore the galleries and dig a little deeper into what you see.
• Merry Mash Up: Dec. 26 and 30. The museum is opening up the craft closet. Create a crazy craft to enjoy or share with someone special.
• Beaded Beauty Ornament: Dec. 27 and Jan. 2. Add sparkle to any tree or window with these snowflake ornaments.
• Frosty’s Fingerprint Art: Dec. 28 and Jan. 3. Create fingertip art unique as your fingerprints.
Activities are free with museum admission or a museum membership.
For more information, go to nationalcowboymuseum.org/kids.