OU football: Jalen Hurts named Big 12 Offensive Player of Week
NORMAN — Jalen Hurts was named the Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week, the conference announced on Monday.
Hurts threw for 297 yards and four touchdowns and ran for 114 yards in Oklahoma's 34-31 win over Baylor on Saturday.
Hurts led Oklahoma's second half comeback on offense, after the Sooners had struggled to get going on the defense.
Hurts has thrown for 3,039 yards and 28 touchdowns and run for 983 yards and 15 touchdowns this season with the Sooners.
- Related to this story
- Article: OU football: Jalen Hurts' decision on bad snap key in Sooners' comeback over Baylor
- Article: OU football: Jalen Hurts worked on ball security during post-game workout
- Article: 'We’re brainwashed at OU': Why the Sooners expected to win at Baylor even down 28-3
- Article: OU football: Sooners' loss at Kansas State gave them confidence to come back vs. Baylor
- Article: OU football: Sooners' O-line named semifinalist for Joe Moore Award
- Article: OU football: Sooners-Baylor highest rated game on Saturday
- Article: OU football: Playoff committee gives Big 12 little love
- Article: OU football: Sooners' Alex Grinch remained unwavering through difficult performances and was rewarded with a strong showing vs. Baylor
- Article: OU football: Sooners' offense got rolling after change on O-line
This is the third time this season Hurts has earned conference player of the week honors.