Thunder centers Steven Adams, Nerlens Noel available against the Magic
Thunder center Steven Adams is available to play against the Magic Tuesday, after missing two games with a left knee contusion, coach Billy Donovan announced before the game.
Donovan did not release starters prior to the deadline of 30 minutes before tip-off.
“Steven would have played the last couple games had it not been for the knee contusion,” Donovan said when asked about load management. “We weren’t looking to rest him, it was just more of a situation where he was not moving great, feeling great, and it probably wasn’t worthwhile to have him out there playing with the way he was feeling and the way he was moving.”
Adams said last week that he didn’t remember when he suffered the initial injury, but he left last Monday’s game at Houston in the last seven minutes and did not return.
- Related to this story
- Article: Steven Adams shines in return to lineup in Thunder win against Magic
- Article: Thunder injury report: Mike Muscala dealing with hand soreness, Andre Roberson remains out
- Article: Danilo Gallinari fights for rebound with shoe in hand
- Article: Basketball made Thunder forward Danilo Gallinari and his father world travelers
- Article: Italian national team leaders Gallinari and Belinelli face off in Thunder vs. Spurs
Backup center Nerlens Noel is also available for Tuesday’s game, according to Donovan. He sat out of Monday’s practice with a right ankle sprain, which he sustained in the Thunder’s game against the Pelicans Saturday.