OSU football: Chuba Hubbard puts up incredible numbers vs. TCU
0: Third-and-short plays for OSU the entire game. The Cowboys converted just three of 12 third downs, mostly because their third downs were long-yardage.
3: OSU offensive plays of at least 50 yards — runs of 92 and 62 yards by Chuba Hubbard, and a 57-yard pass from Spencer Sanders to Dillon Stoner. The Cowboys entered the game leading the nation in 50-yards-plus plays, with 15.
3: Takeaways for OSU safety Kolby Harvell-Peel (two interceptions, one fumble recovery), to go with two pass breakups, a week after a school-record six pass breakups against Iowa State.
5: Straight games OSU has scored on a play of at least 60 yards.
6: Straight stops by the OSU defense to open the second half, during which the Cowboys turned a 17-17 tie into a 31-17 lead and held the Horned Frogs to 93 total yards.
7: OSU points off turnovers. The Cowboys’ four takeaways produced just one score, Hubbard’s 62-yard run after Kolby Harvell-Peel’s second interception of the day in the fourth quarter.
8: Rushers in Big 12 history with at least 200 yards on 20 or fewer carries, after Hubbard gained 223 yards on 20 carries.
14: Straight seasons of bowl eligibility for OSU, the ninth-longest active streak in the nation.
- Related to this story
- Gallery: TCU can't slow down OSU, 34-27
- Article: Recap: OSU 34, TCU 27
- Article: OSU football: Five takeaways from the Cowboys' 34-27 victory over TCU
- Article: OSU football: Kolby Harvell-Peel has another huge day in win against TCU
- Article: OSU football report card: Sean Gleeson & Cowboy defense get high marks
- Article: OSU football: Australian punters Tom Hutton, Jordy Sandy face off
- Article: OSU football: Defense shows swagger in win over TCU
- Article: OSU football: Spencer Sanders' game of catch, videoboard usage highlight best, worst of win over TCU
- Article: OSU football: Chuba Hubbard is the most electric player in college football, the most important player for the Cowboys
- Article: OSU football: Dillon Stoner helps fill Tylan Wallace's void with 2-TD outing in 34-27 win vs. TCU
- Article: Spencer and Curtis: The story behind OSU quarterback Spencer Sanders' pregame catch with a young fan
- Article: OSU football: A tragic Wednesday cast a pall on the Cowboys
- Article: OSU football: Cowboys to host Kansas at 11 a.m. Nov. 16
- Article: High school football: Oklahoma State offers John Marshall star Bryce Stephens
- Article: OSU football: Chuba Hubbard, Kolby Harvell-Peel, Spencer Sanders snag Big 12 weekly awards
- Article: OSU football: With Tylan Wallace out, TCU's coverages helped Chuba Hubbard
- Video: OSU Football - Jim Knowles vs TCU
- Video: OSU Football - Cowboys hold off TCU
- Video: OSU Football - Kolby Harvell-Peel vs TCU
- Video: OSU Football - Dillon Stoner vs TCU
- Video: OSU Football - Spencer Sanders vs TCU
15: OSU passes, its fewest in a game since 2008.
16: Consecutive made field goals by OSU’s Matt Ammendola, a streak that ended with a miss from 47 yards in the third quarter. It was the second-longest streak of Ammendola’s career; he made 18 straight in 2017-18. Ammendola rebounded Saturday to make a crucial 43-yarder in the fourth quarter.
30: TCU plays, out of 82 total, in which the Horned Frogs failed to make yardage.
1,604: Rushing yards by Hubbard this season, moving him from 15th to eighth on OSU’s single-season rushing chart. It’s the most yards ever by a tailback through nine games in the 15-year Mike Gundy era.
Berry Tramel, Columnist