OSU football: Saturday's win over Iowa State by the numbers
AMES, Iowa — Here’s a look at some of the most interesting numbers from Oklahoma State’s 34-27 upset of No. 23 Iowa State Saturday at Jack Trice Stadium:
0: Offensive plays by OSU in the first half that began on the Iowa State side of the 50-yard line.
1: Turnover by OSU quarterback Spencer Sanders, his fewest in a Big 12 game.
2: Three-and-outs forced by the OSU defense Saturday. Iowa State had only five three-and-outs all season prior to Saturday.
3: The most interceptions thrown in one game by Iowa State quarterback Brock Purdy in his career, coming in a span of four possessions in the final seven minutes Saturday.
15: Plays by OSU of at least 50 yards this season, most in the nation, after adding three Saturday.
25: Length of Dillon Stoner’s longest punt return, a career long. It came a week after the Cowboy junior set his previous career mark of 22 yards.
28: Deepest yard line in Iowa State territory at which OSU ran an offensive play.
- Related to this story
- Article: Recap: OSU 34, Iowa State 27
- Article: Five takeaways from Oklahoma State's upset of Iowa State
- Article: OSU football: Cowboys turn to huddle in upset of No. 23 Iowa State
- Article: OSU football: Matt Ammendola delivers strong kicks on Iowa State's grass field
- Article: OSU football: Iowa State tight end Charlie Kolar has big day
- Article: OSU report card: Cowboy defense gets high marks in upset of Iowa State
- Article: OSU football: Kolby Harvell-Peel's record day sets tone for defense
- Article: OSU football: Malcolm Rodriguez's pick-six ignites Cowboys past Iowa State
- Article: OSU football: Big plays, Spencer Sanders' resilience carry Cowboy offense
- Article: OSU football: Tylan Wallace's stiff arm, strange wedding proposal highlight best, worst of win at Iowa State
- Article: K-State's upset of Sooners highlights a wild day in Big 12 football
- Article: Oklahoma falls to No. 10 in Associated Press poll
- Article: SoonersXtra podcast: Oklahoma-Kansas State postgame edition
- Article: FiveThirtyEight: Sooners still have 27 percent chance at playoff
- Article: OSU football: Tylan Wallace's stiff arm was highlight, but more about his physicality
- Article: OSU football journal: Cowboys handle bumpy flight to Ames
- Article: OU football: Sooners abandoned the run vs. Kansas State and it proved costly
- Article: OU football: Time for Sooners' game against Iowa State announced
- Article: Berry Tramel: Storm-the-field Saturday at the Big 12's Kansas schools
- Article: OU football: Forced touching on Sooners' onside kick not replay reviewable, Big 12 officials coordinator says
- Video: OSU Football - Cowboys upset Iowa State
- Video: OSU Football: Rodriguez talks interception and Cyclones win
- Video: OSU Football: Ogbongbemiga reflects on defense during Cyclones matchup
- Video: OSU Football - Wallace vs Iowa State
- Video: OSU Football - Harvell-Peel vs Iowa State
- Video: OSU Football - Hubbard vs Iowa State
- Video: OSU Football - Sanders vs Iowa State
38: Longest touchdown play allowed by Iowa State prior to Saturday. OSU had touchdowns of 71, 65 and 50 yards in the first half.
55: Plays run by the Iowa State offense in the first half. OSU ran only 23, but led 21-13.
1,739: Passing yards for Sanders this season, the most ever by a freshman at OSU, breaking the record of 1,628 set by Donovan Woods in 2004.