OU football: Jalen Hurts performance better than Sooners' outcome shows
MANHATTAN, Kan. — Jalen Hurts didn't think the Sooners took advantage of their opportunities.
While Hurts and No. 5 Oklahoma lost, the quarterback still delivered a strong performance in the end Saturday in the 48-41 loss.
"He did some good things," Riley said. "There will be few — kind of like everybody — a few that he will want back, but I put him in a couple of bad positions and I thought for the most part he handled it very well."
Hurts was 19-of-26 throwing for 395 yards and threw the only passing touchdown of the game. He also carried the ball 19 times for 96 yards and three touchdowns.
- Related to this story
- Article: Recap: Kansas State 48, OU 41
- Article: Five takeaways from Oklahoma's 48-41 loss to Kansas State
- Article: OU football: Overturned onside kick recovery kills Sooners' rally
- Article: OU football: Motley's ejection thins out cornerback depth
- Article: OU football: Sooners' grades reflect poor performance
- Article: OU football: Sooners vs. Kansas State by the numbers
- Article: OU football: 'One bad Saturday' as Sooner defense reverts in 48-41 loss at Kansas State
- Article: OU football: Loss to K-State could crush Sooners' national title, Heisman hopes
- Article: OU football: Best and worst from Sooners' loss to Kansas State
- Article: K-State's upset of Sooners highlights a wild day in Big 12 football
- Article: Oklahoma falls to No. 10 in Associated Press poll
- Article: SoonersXtra podcast: Oklahoma-Kansas State postgame edition
- Article: FiveThirtyEight: Sooners still have 27 percent chance at playoff
- Article: OSU football: Tylan Wallace's stiff arm was highlight, but more about his physicality
- Article: OSU football journal: Cowboys handle bumpy flight to Ames
- Article: OU football: Sooners abandoned the run vs. Kansas State and it proved costly
- Article: OU football: Time for Sooners' game against Iowa State announced
- Article: Berry Tramel: Storm-the-field Saturday at the Big 12's Kansas schools
- Article: OU football: Forced touching on Sooners' onside kick not replay reviewable, Big 12 officials coordinator says
- Video: OU Football: Sooners fall to Wildcats in Manhattan, 48-41
Still, the Sooners didn't do enough, and they had too many self-inflicted wounds, Hurts said.
"We lost," Hurts said. "Shoulda, woulda, coulda. So what, now what. How do we respond as a team?"