Sooners' Lincoln Riley on Paul 'Bear' Bryant Coach of the Year watch list
NORMAN — Oklahoma has the top offense in college football, a much-improved defense and an undefeated record.
So it's no surprise that Sooners coach Lincoln Riley is one of 22 coaches on the watch list for the Paul "Bear" Bryant Coach of the Year award.
The list will be trimmed to a group of finalists in December, with the award announced live on Fox Sports Southwest and Fox Sports Go on Jan. 15.
Riley is one of three Big 12 coaches on the list, joining Iowa State's Matt Campbell and Baylor's Matt Rhule.
- Related to this story
- Article: OU football: Jalen Hurts emphasizes 'togetherness' of Sooners
- Article: OU football: Neville Gallimore placed on Bednarik Award watch list
- Article: OU football: Alex Grinch has thought about being a head coach someday
- Article: OU football: Offensive line named to midseaon Joe Moore honor roll
- Article: OU football: Sooner Schooner will not run for rest of season
- Article: OU football: Three takeaways from Oklahoma's 2020 schedule
- Article: OU football: Marquise Overton savoring last go-around and making a big impact on Sooners' defense
- Article: Bedlam football moving up in the calendar for 2020
- Article: Sooners rank No. 1 in both offense and defense in Big 12 efficiency
- Article: Oklahoma AD in response to Florida counterpart's scheduling tweet: 'You have my attention'
- Video: OU Football: Riley looks ahead to Kansas State
- Video: Sooner Schooner tumbles
- Video: OU football: Hurts talks West Virginia and Kansas State
- Video: OU Football: Murray on defensive performance
- Video: OU Football: Hall talks offense
- Video: OU Football: Bonitto could step into Terry's role
- Video: OU Football: 2020 Schedule released
Other notable names on the list include Ohio State's Ryan Day, LSU's Ed Orgeron, Alabama's Nick Saban and Clemson's Dabo Swinney.
Swinney has won the award three times.
This list of 22 coaches will be narrowed to a distinguished group of finalists in December.