Looking ahead: spring 2020 fashion color trends
It’s just starting to feel like fall, but the fashion world is always looking ahead.
A month ago, during the spring 2020 runway shows in New York, Pantone Color Institute released its color trend report for spring/summer 2020.
Colors for next season express a desire for a sense of the familiar, according to the report. The colors are friendly and relatable and convey a sense of ease.
“Combining our desire for stability, creativity, and more spontaneous design approaches, the color palette for spring/summer 2020 infuses heritage and tradition with a colorful youthful update that creates strong multi-colored combinations as well as energizing and optimistic pairings,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute.
Here are the colors expected to be everywhere in about six months.
- Flame Scarlet, fiery red
- Saffron, dark yellow
- Classic Blue, reminiscent of an evening sky
- Biscay Green, an aqua shade
- Chive, healthy green
- Faded Denim, washed blue
- Orange Peel, a tart color that has been influential for a decade
- Mosaic Blue, a teal-ish shade
- Sunlight, light yellow
- Coral Pink, a softer version of Living Coral
- Cinnamon Stick, sweet yet spicy
- Grape Compote, more mellow than purple
And the 2020 classics, the season’s core hues are:
- Lark, an understated khaki
- Navy Blazer, deep blue
- Brilliant White, clean and crisp
- Ash, eternally timeless