OU football: Trey Sermon hits 2,000-yard mark in Sooners' 45-20 win at Kansas
1: First-quarter score given up by the Oklahoma defense this season. Kansas scored a touchdown on a 22-yard pass with 3:35 left in the first quarter Saturday.
1: Career catch for Jalen Hurts. It came Saturday on a reverse from Trey Sermon to Nick Basquine, then a throw by Basquine to Hurts, who went for 21 yards.
2: Punts by Reeves Mundschau downed at the 2-yard line. He only punted twice in the game.
6: Third-down conversions on 14 attempts by Kansas. In OU’s first four games, opponents had only converted 10 third downs on 51 attempts.
7: Consecutive games with a touchdown catch by CeeDee Lamb, tying the longest such streak of his career. He had a 10-yard catch for a score late in the first half.
21: Touchdowns accounted for this season by Hurts, who threw for two and ran for two against Kansas. He now has 14 passing TDs and seven rushing ones.
22: Consecutive wins in true road games, the second-longest streak in the post-World War II era. The longest streak was 25 games by OU from 1953-58.
30: Minutes of weather delay before the game. A line of thunderstorms rolled through Lawrence a couple hours before kickoff. That delayed warmups until 10:55 a.m., and after a 35-minute warmup agreed upon by the teams, the game kicked off at 11:30 a.m.
- Related to this story
- Article: Recap: OU 45, Kansas 20
- Article: OU football: Five takeaways from Sooners' 45-20 win over Kansas
- Article: OU football: Rhamondre Stevenson powers past Kansas
- Article: OU football: Jalen Hurts, Les Miles share postgame moment
- Article: OU football report card: Sooners' grades vs. Kansas reflect weird start
- Article: OU football: Sooners get off to a sluggish start before putting away Jayhawks
- Article: OU football journal: Stevenson powers ground game in win against Kansas
- Article: OU football: Now comes the real test for Alex Grinch and the Sooner defense — Texas
- Article: OU football: Sooners stay at No. 6 in AP Poll
- Article: OU football: Alex Grinch disappointed in fourth-quarter performance against Kansas
- Article: OU football: Texas scouting report, time, TV, radio, odds
- Article: OU football: Sooners still struggling with penalties, but Lincoln Riley says there's a balance to be struck
- Article: Berry Tramel: Kansas hires inexperienced Brent Dearmon to run the offense
- Article: Oklahoma-West Virginia kickoff time announced
- Article: OU football: Offensive tackles Adrian Ealy, Erik Swenson questionable for Texas game
- Article: Lincoln Riley on Horns Down: 'Our players won't do it'
- Video: OU Football: Highlights of the Sooners' 45-20 win over Kansas
- Video: OU Football: Lincoln Riley on win over Kansas
- Video: OU Football: Jalen Hurts on win over Kansas
2,036: Career rushing yards for Trey Sermon. The Sooner tailback went over the 2,000-yard mark with 71 yards on 11 carries against the Jayhawks.
Jenni Carlson, Columnist