OSU football: Chuba Hubbard dominates the stat sheet in 26-13 win over Kansas State
1: OSU running back to have three games of at least 200 rushing yards in the first five games of a season, after Chuba Hubbard achieved it Saturday.
1: Third-down conversion by Kansas State in 13 tries.
1: First down for K-State in the first half. The Wildcats punted on four of their first five possessions and fumbled the ball away on the other. They didn’t move the chains until after the second-quarter weather delay.
3. Times OSU has scored on its first offensive snap of a half this season.
4: Punts by OSU's Tom Hutton, all of which were downed inside the 20.
7:14: Time remaining in the game when Kansas State scored its first and only touchdown.
13: Seconds elapsed during Hubbard's 84-yard touchdown run in the third quarter.
72: Minutes of weather delay mid-way through the second quarter. Officials cleared the field at 7:07 p.m. with a thunderstorm rolling toward Stillwater from the south. The teams didn’t return to the field until 8:08 p.m., then after a 10-minute warmup, play resumed at 8:19 p.m.
- Related to this story
- Gallery: OSU football: Cowboys roll Wildcats 26-13
- Article: Recap: OSU 26, Kansas State 13
- Article: OSU football: Five takeaways from Cowboys' 26-13 win over No. 24 Kansas State
- Article: OSU football: Cowboys' defense, yes defense, leads the way vs. K-State
- Article: OSU football: Chuba Hubbard's career day eases Cowboys' red-zone woes
- Article: OSU football journal: Fans find ways to watch ESPN+ at tailgates
- Article: OSU football: Boone Pickens celebration, Tylan Wallace usage highlight Cowboys' win over Kansas State
- Article: OSU football: Mike Gundy dances after Cowboys beat No. 24 Kansas State
- Article: OSU football: Shuffled offensive line, solidifying linebackers get high marks
- Article: OSU football: Brock Martin's fumble recovery sparks defense
- Article: OSU football: Cowboys getting creative to get Tylan Wallace more touches
- Article: OSU football: Cowboys enter AP top 25 for first time this season
- Article: OSU football: Kelvin Banks Jr. is Cowboys' first commitment in 2022 class
- Article: No. 21 OSU at Texas Tech: Kick time, broadcast info, betting lines, team breakdowns
- Article: OSU football: Tre Sterling has made himself a vital part of the Cowboy secondary
- Video: OSU Football: Mike Gundy press conference after KSU win
- Video: OSU Football: Brock Martin talks about win over KSU
- Video: OSU Football: Amen Ogbongbemiga talks about win over KSU
- Video: OSU Football: Cowboys' defense leads to win
125: Career wins for Mike Gundy with Saturday night’s victory
126: Rushing yards for K-State.
296: Rushing yards for Hubbard, surpassing the totals of Barry Sanders (222) and Thurman Thomas (237) for the most ever by an OSU running back against a ranked opponent.
Jenni Carlson and Scott Wright, Staff writers
Jenni Carlson, a sports columnist at The Oklahoman since 1999, came by her love of sports honestly. She grew up in a sports-loving family in Kansas. Her dad coached baseball and did color commentary on the radio for the high school football... Read more ›
A lifelong resident of the Oklahoma City metro area, Scott Wright has been on The Oklahoman staff since 2005, covering a little bit of everything on the state's sports scene. He has been a beat writer for football and basketball at Oklahoma and... Read more ›