OSU by the numbers: Chuba Hubbard has a big game
Here are some interesting numbers on Oklahoma State's 52-36 victory over Oregon State on Friday night:
0: Turnovers for OSU; the Cowboys are 36-2 under Mike Gundy when not committing a turnover.
.739: OSU’s winning percentage in its last 23 true road games (17-6).
2: Pass interference penalties drawn on Spencer Sanders’ four deep throws; one was complete for a 21-yard touchdown, and the other was dropped by a wide open Braylon Johnson.
- Related to this story
- Article: FINAL: Oklahoma State 52, Oregon State 36
- Article: OSU football: Variety spices Cowboys' future road schedule
- Article: OSU football: Spencer Sanders starts at quarterback
- Article: OSU football: Visit from a major-conference foe rare for Oregon State
- Article: OSU football scheduling offers fans unique travel opportunities
- Article: OSU football: Five things to know about the Cowboys' 52-36 win at Oregon State
- Article: OSU football: What they're saying about Cowboys' 52-26 victory over Oregon State
- Article: OSU football: Stuck elevators, dancing fan highlight best, worst vs. Oregon State
- Article: OSU football: With coaches stuck in elevator, Kasey Dunn calls plays for touchdown drive
- Article: OSU football: Mike Gundy says QB decision was made 3-4 days before game
- Article: OSU football: Jim Knowles grades defense as 'a C at best'
- Article: OSU quarterback was settled quickly vs. Oregon State
- Article: OSU football journal: With coaches stuck in elevator, Kasey Dunn calls touchdown drive
- Video: OSU Football: Mike Gundy on win over Oregon State
- Video: OSU Football: Chuba Hubbard
2: Straight halves with at least 100 yards for OSU tailback Chuba Hubbard, who gained 114 yards against Missouri in the second half of the Liberty Bowl and 132 yards Friday night. Hubbard had 89 yards in the second half against Oregon State.
6: Season openers in which a Cowboy has rushed for at least 200 yards. Four of those games have been against Pac-12 foes – Vernand Morency (261 vs. UCLA in 2004), Kendall Hunter (257 vs. Washington State in 2010), Thurman Thomas (237 vs. Washington in 1985) and Hubbard (221 vs. Oregon State on Friday night).
7: First downs gained running by OSU quarterback Spencer Sanders.
8: Quarterback hurries by the Cowboys, achieved by eight players – Tre Sterling, Malcolm Rodriguez, Cameron Murray, Tyler Lacy, Samuela Tuihalamaka, Brock Martin, Mike Scott and Trace Ford.
8: Wins for OSU in its last nine games against Pac-12 teams.
10: Gains of at least 20 yards by the Cowboys.
11: Straight OSU wins in non-conference games, matching the third-longest streak in program history.
26: First downs for Oregon State.