New Epic school board member shared COVID misinformation

NewsOK: Oklahoma City News, Sports, Weather & Entertainment

Rains relieve drought in southeast counties, where reservoirs store Oklahoma City drinking water

Drought has receded in southeastern Oklahoma counties where reservoirs supply Oklahoma City drinking water.

The picture is different across the state, though, where seven northwestern Oklahoma counties are in "exceptional" drought.

Those counties are in the worst shape of any area in the West.

Six weeks ago 87 percent of Oklahoma was in drought and the other 13 percent was classified as "exceptionally dry."

This week's U.S. Drought Monitor shows 35% of Oklahoma in 'extreme' to 'exceptional' drought and and 31 percent drought-free.

William Crum

OU and Norman High School graduate, formerly worked as a reporter and editor for the Associated Press, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, and the Norman Transcript. Married, two children, lives in Norman. Read more ›