World's busiest airports (and OKC)
Anyone who has flown out of Will Rogers to other, larger airports knows it's relative nirvana compared to DFW or Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta on a Friday afternoon.
The reason is obvious, those are worldwide hubs with tens of millions of people going through them annually. Here's a list of the busiest airports in the world released Monday by Airports Council International.
1. Hartsfield Jackson, 101.5 million passengers
2. Beijing International, 89.9 million passengers
3. Dubai International, 78 million passengers
4. Chicago O'Hare, 76.9 million passengers
5. Tokyo Haneda, 75.3 million passengers
Meanwhile, back in Oklahoma City Will Rogers World Airport had 1.8 million passenger enplanements (passengers who boarded planes) in 2015.
And the busiest months? Not the holidays. According to airport data July was the busiest month with about 180,000 passengers. The slowest was February with about 120,000.