OU basketball: Sooners welcomed to Houston with fanfare
Oklahoma's traveling party flew into Ellington Field Joint Reserve Base on the south side of Houston on Wednesday evening.
The Sooners were greeted by a receiving line of military veterans who were flanked by jets and tanks. The base is a joint instillation shared by various active and reserve military units.
"They had a whole walkway where the soldiers were standing there with flags, each one," Sooner guard Jordan Woodard said. "They greeted us there, and we got to shake their hands.
- Related to this story
- Article: OU basketball: Khadeem Lattin will play against Villanova despite grandmother's death
- Article: OU's Buddy Hield edged out for AP Player of the Year by three votes
- Article: Oklahoma basketball: Sooners assistants get head coaching opportunities
- Article: Fans react to Buddy Hield being passed over for AP Player Of The Year
- Article: Oklahoma basketball: Video games featured in Sooners locker room
- Article: OU at the Final Four: Dick Vitale says Buddy Hield should be national player of the year
- Article: College basketball's most popular player of the 21st century? The case for Buddy
- Video: OU Basketball: Sooners prepare for the Final Four in Houston
"It was great to see."