OKC Central Live Chat 10 a.m. Today
Things are going a bit crazy these days. Downtown/urban core development is hitting a pace we’ve not seen in a century. Yes, it’s that crazy. And if we were choose a soundtrack for this story, yeah, Fatboy Slim would be a good pick.
A few weeks ago during an OKC Central Live Chat I predicted that the following 60 days would be an amazing period for downtown. I’m sticking with that call, and I’ll remind you what’s already transpired this first month:
- The start of outside money coming in with Indianapolis-based Milhaus preparing to build 327 apartments, 4,500 square feet of retail and 455-space garage at NW 10 and Shartel.
- Catholic Charities announcing plans to build a modern new headquarters at NW 12 and Classen
- Midtown Renaissance announcing plans to build a modern, 43-unit apartment complex at 1201 N Francis.
- The Oklahoma Publishing Co. finalizing a deal to move its operations, including The Oklahoman, to the old Century Center.
- Midtown Renaissance moving forward with renovation of the Marion Hotel at Broadway and NW 10
- A cluster of new retailers opening up along Automobile Alley.
- Announcement of an impressive list tenants for The Rise on NW 23.
- Devon’s historic $6 billion purchase of holdings in Eagle Ford (this will have ramifications on downtown).
Yes, it’s true – these are all developments that were unknown to the public just a month ago. And there’s more… much, much more…
- Rainey Williams tower….
- What’s next for Tom Ward….
- Big plays throughout downtown for new housing ….
- The influx of outside money …
- The influx of national retailers …
- Major new downtown anchors…
And yeah, I expect much of this to go public this next month.
Live chat starts at the normal time today – 10 a.m. You can start posting comments and questions at 9:30 a.m. at the NewsOK business page. This will be my last chat for November.