Free child developmental screenings offered this month
The Oklahoma City-County Health Department will offer free development screenings for children age 5 and younger this month at the following times and locations:
- Edmond – 1 to 5 p.m. July 11.
- Warr Acres – 9 a.m. to noon July 13.
- Midwest City – 1 to 5 p.m. July 17.
- Choctaw – 1 to 5 p.m. July 19.
- The Village – 1 to 5 p.m. July 24.
- Northwest Oklahoma City – 9 a.m. to noon July 26.
The private sessions last about an hour. The professionals check your child’s speech, behavior and other developmental milestones. There’s a small fee depending on income, but nobody is turned away because of the inability to pay. Medicaid is accepted. Appointments are required. To schedule one, call 425-4412.
I took my daughter to a screening a couple years ago – when she was just about to turn 1 – and it was great. I learned so much. I would recommend this to any parent. In fact, I recommend this to myself. My daughter’s almost 3 now. Maybe it’s time I take her back.