Closing the book on 2011 end-of-year interactive projects
Opening the first full week of a new year, I thought it would be good to offer a shotgun approach to some of the items you might have missed in recent weeks. So here goes …
- The 2011 Year in Review page was released. We take a simple approach to this page. It’s simply the 25 most-viewed articles of the year. In 2011, our readers liked conference realignment articles a lot. It shows in our Top 25.
- If you enjoy reviewing a year by looking a lot of photos, you could do a lot worse the our photographers’ end-of-year galleries for a variety of topics — Sports, News, Features and my personal favorite — Portraits. Seriously, the gallery of portraits is just really good photography.
- Angi Bruss has a new A-List that was released this week. she does a great job as she explores local merchants each month and what they provide to improve the lifestyles of Oklahomans.
- George Lang’s Static unveiled another holiday special in late December. Static X-Mas was shot at Deep Deuce Grill in Oklahoma City. Stay in the holiday spirit — even if it’s January — by letting Static X-Mas play while you work.
- At the end of the year in 2010, we revised and enhanced our Ongoing Coverage page for Oklahoma DHS. If you’ve read The Oklahoman or NewsOK, you know that reporters Nolan Clay and Randy Ellis have shine a bright light on DHS in recent years. The updated page now has a page devoted to Child Welfare, detailing the controversial cases in recent years. The timeline that’s on these pages is very deep and descriptive. Check it out.
We will have plenty more interactive elements in 2012. NewsOK will do its best to inform, entertain and enlighten with whatever tools we can find.