Text of 911 call about Luther wildfire
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Text of 911 call from man reporting the start of a wildfire near Luther on Friday.
Operator: Oklahoma County
Caller: Yes sir, is this the fire department?
Operator: For who, which fire department?
Caller: I'm in Luther, Okla., I'm up here on 150th and Luther Road. I just come off the turnpike. I was following a truck, he was up in the distance. He took off, it was a bluish-black truck. He turned around in the middle of the road and I got up here where he was at and the whole woods exploded when I got up to him. I got a fire (unintelligible).
Operator: 150th and Luther Road?
Caller: It's just west of Luther Road.
Operator: Just, 150th and Luther, just west?
Caller: Yes sir.
Operator: Is it a grass fire or vehicle fire?
Caller: It's a grass fire. He threw something out.
Operator: OK, where, where's he at now?
Caller: I don't know, I'm out here at the fire.
Operator: What's the description of the vehicle, what's the description of the vehicle?
Caller: It looked like a blackish-blue, dark-colored Ford. There's a house out here by it, I got to notify these people.
Operator: Ford, Ford pickup sir?
Caller: Yes sir, he was headed east.
Operator: East on, 150th?
Caller: I'm in … yes sir.
Operator: OK, we'll get the fire department started OK?
Caller: (Unintelligible) I'm trying to get to these people's house.
Operator: OK we'll get them started.
Caller: It's coming right toward them.
Operator: We'll get them started, OK?
Caller: Thank you.
Operator: All right, bye.
- Related to this story
- Article: Oklahoma wildfires: Body of adult found in burned rural Norman home
- Article: 911 caller: Fire 'exploded' in Luther after driver throws something from pickup
- Article: Oklahoma wildfires: Six wildfires in Cleveland County suspicious, fire chief says
- Article: Oklahoma wildfires take a toll on fire departments
- Article: Oklahoma wildfires: On charred practice field, Luther gets back to football
- Article: Oklahoma governor meets with fire victims on damage assessment tour in Cleveland County
- Article: Oklahoma fire marshal: Three wildfires were deliberately set in Cleveland County
- Video: Sheriff's office officials said they suspect arson in the Luther fire (2012-08-06)