Oklahoma highways closed due to wildfires
The following roads are closed due to wildfires as of 5 p.m. Sunday, according to the Oklahoma Department of Transportation:
State Highway 99 between State Highway 33 and the Turner Turnpike. The closure extends west 11 miles from the turnpike.
State Highway 33 from the Turner Turnpike to State Highway 66 is closed in both directions.
State Highway 51 from State Highway 99 to State Highway 151 is closed in both directions. The closing extends from the Keystone Dam west 18 miles.
State Highway 48 between U.S. 64 and State Highway 66 is closed in both directions. This closure extends from just south of Bristow to the Cimarron Turnpike.
- Related to this story
- Article: Oklahoma wildfires: Residents get back to their lives while remembering the worst
- Article: Oklahoma wildfires: Mild weather controlled most blazes, but not in Creek County
- Article: Oklahoma wildfires: How to help and get help
- Article: Oklahoma wildfires: Body of adult found in burned rural Norman home
- Article: Oklahoma wildfires: Six wildfires in Cleveland County suspicious, fire chief says
- Article: Oklahoma wildfires take a toll on fire departments
- Article: Oklahoma wildfires: On charred practice field, Luther gets back to football
- Article: Oklahoma governor meets with fire victims on damage assessment tour in Cleveland County
- Article: Oklahoma fire marshal: Three wildfires were deliberately set in Cleveland County
- Video: Luther Fire Victims (2012-08-04)